Preventive Pediatric Dental Care
What makes our practice special?
A highly-skilled staff delivers comprehensive dental care and treatments with the goal of your child having the best possible experience, both in the dental chair as well as the waiting room.
We work hard to make sure your child understands the importance of good oral hygiene and strive to provide everything he or she needs to grow up with ideal oral health. Preventing decay, infection, and other dental problems is our primary goal, one that is a group effort between our team members, you, and your child. Should your child require dental treatment, we use the latest technology to deliver the best outcome, but most importantly, one that ensures your child’s comfort at every stage.
Preventive Care & Advanced, Patient-friendly Techniques
- Cavity Prevention Education
- Oral Health Examination
- Digital X-Rays
- Dental Cleaning
- Fluoride Treatments
- Infant Oral Health Consulting
- Orthodontic Evaluation
- Carivu Cavity Detection
- Sealants (BPA Free)
- Nightguards& Sports Mouthguards
- Mobile Digital X-Rays — a smaller sensor is more comfortable for young patients’ mouths, with immediate screen viewing to show a parent if need be, and no moving room to room keeps appointments running efficiently.
- CariVu Cavity Detection (Lexington Office) – a nimble hand-held tool that detects the development of a cavity, also an adjunct for cavity detection for children who can not cooperate for x-rays.
- Wand STA (Single Tooth Anesthesia) System (Lexington Office) – a computer-controlled dental injection system that looks more like a pen than a needle, is the most efficient and pleasant way to numb an area because of its slow, steady, precise delivery of anesthetic.
- Topical Anesthetic “Best Topical Ever,” which numbs profoundly before injection.
- Electric Handpieces are quieter and faster than air-driven handpieces. Minimal noise means reduced patient anxiety, and faster is better for a pediatric patient who has a short attention span.
Additional Dental Services
Specialized Pediatric Dental Services
At Modern Kids Dentistry, we understand and celebrate the fact that every child is unique.
We offer a host of specialized services to meet your child’s individual needs:
- Dental care for children with special medical needs.
- Dentistry with nitrous oxide (laughing gas).
- Dentistry under oral sedation.
- Dentistry in the operating room setting.
- 24-hour Emergency care.
- Live Music Therapy*
- Utilize D-Termined program for children with autism (desensitization of the dental setting with multiple, low-stress visits).
*Absolutely unique to Modern Kids Dentistry – ask Dr. Raybould about this service! If you choose to have your child participate in this service, a certified music therapist will be present 15 minutes before and throughout dental treatment in order to assist your child in overcoming their fear of the dentist through singing and music!